The admission procedure, application form (online as well as hard copy), fees etc are all different from those for the domestic students. Hence take utmost care to visit the appropriate link meant for International students. The International students need not take the SRM Entrance Examination
Categories of International Students are as following:
Foreign Students: Students holding passport issued by foreign countries including people of Indian origin who have acquired the nationality of foreign countries are included as foreign students.
Non Resident Indians (NRI): Only those Non Resident Indian students who have studied and passed the qualifying examinations (11th and 12th) from schools or colleges situated in foreign countries (even if affiliated to the Boards of Secondary Education or Universities located in India) will be included as international students. Dependants of NRI studying in India will not be included as NRI students.
NRI Sponsored Students: A resident Indian student whose direct blood relative (Parents, Grandparents, direct brother or sister of parents or the candidate) committing to sponsor, has an NRI status. Once the student is admitted under this category there cannot be any change in the status during his study period even if there is a change in the status of the sponsor.
Who can apply :
- Foreign nationals, PIO card holders, OCI (Dual citizens), NRI students, and NRI sponsored students can apply under the category of International students. 15% of the seats at SRM University are reserved under this category
- Foreign nationals, PIO card holders, OCI (Dual citizens) and NRI students get preference over NRI sponsored students.
HOW TO APPLY
The Application Forms will be issued from November onwards. There are three modes of registration.
i. Online: Online Application. Register and pay online.
ii. Direct: Candidates can obtain the application form SRM University Kattankullathur Campuses upon payment of $ 50 or Rs 2500 by Cheque or DD drawn in favour of SRMIST, payable at Chennai.
iii. Download: Download the application. The filled-in application along with the DD for $50 or Rs. 2500/- drawn in favour of SRMIST, payable at Chennai, should be sent so as to reach the university before the last date specified. Candidate should write their Name, Mobile number and Address on the reverse of the DD.
Courses are offered in:
- Engineering and technology
- Medicine and Health Science
- Science and Humanities.
Click here to view the list of Specializations and its Eligibility criteria.
- Last date for receipt of all necessary documents including Mark/ Grade Sheets: 20th June 2013
- Last date for payment of full Tuition Fee for programs in Engineering & Technology, Science and Humanities: 30th June 2013
- Last date for payment of full Tuition Fee for programs in Medicine & Health Sciences: 15th July 2013
- Last date for payment of full Tuition Fee for programs in Medicine & Health Sciences: 30th May & 30th September, 2013
Contact details:The Dean / Principal Counseling Officer,
Office of International Relations,
2nd floor Central library building(West wing),
Kattankulathur - 603 203, Chennai (Madras), India.
Tel: +91-44- 27456701