Scheme of Test:
The Common Entrance Examination shall be of completely objective type containing only multiple choice questions. The duration of written examination is One and Half hours only, with maximum marks of 100 as shown below:
- Part 1: Current affairs: 20 Questions
- Part 2: Numerical Ability: 10 Questions
- Part 3: Language: 30 Questions
- Part 4: Literature: 40 Questions
- Candidate should be of Indian Nationality.
- He/She should satisfy Local / Non Local Status requirements as per Presidential order 1974 and amendments there on pertaining to Regulation of Admissions in Educational Institutions in Andhra Pradesh.
- Age Limit : The candidates should have completed 19 years of age as on the 1st July of the year of admission i.e. 01.07.2013. There is no upper age limit.
- Educational Qualifications: The candidates who have passed the minimum qualifying examinations mentioned below are eligible to apply.
- Telugu pandit: BA (Telugu Literature) or BA (Oriental Language -Telugu) or Bachelor of Oriental Language Telugu or A Graduate degree with optional subject Telugu or MA (Telugu).
- Hindi Pandit: A graduate degree with optional subject Hindi or Bachelor of Oriental Language Hindi or Praveen of Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha or Vidwan of Hindi Prachara Sabha, Hyderabad or any other equivalent recognized qualification in Hindi (BA Standard) by the Government of Andhra Pradesh or MA(Hindi).
- Urdu Pandit: BA (Urdu Literature) or BA (Oriental Language Urdu) or Bachelor of Oriental Language Urdu or A Graduate Degree with optional subject Urdu of M.A (Urdu).
- Qualifying marks in the Entrance Test for general category of candidates shall be 35 percent of the aggregate marks. However there shall be no minimum qualifying marks in respect of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
How To apply:
The fee prescribed for appearing for LPCET (including examination fee) is Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two hundred only). Candidates can pay the fee through APONLINE or e-Seva centers and submit online application at the LPCET website.
Payment of Fees at AP Online or e-Seva: April 25, 2013.
Online submission of application through website: April 26, 2013.
LPCET 2013 will be held on: May 28, 2013.