In recent years, BSNL has successfully positioned itself amongst the engineering graduate student community as a vocational training provider. With more than one lakh students associating themselves with the BSNL brand in the current year with a view to enhance their exposure to telecom industry, improving their employability potential.
In the next three years, BSNL training centers duly supported by field lab set-ups shall become the market leaders in high value, short duration, job oriented telecom training offerings - on the lines of MDP's(Management Development Programmes) offered by IIMs- for the following market segments.
- Engineering and Science students.
- New Industry Recruits.
- Government Sector.
At first stage, AICTE has targeted/nominated some 4124 students from 362 colleges to be trained in 14 BSNL training centres at Ghaziabad, Jabalpur, Ranchi, Chennai, Bhubneshwar, Guwahati, Jaipur, Lucknow, Mysore, Nagpur, Pune, Kalyani and Trivandrum. In later phases BSNL has plans to expand the delivery of such programs to nearly 60 locations through the setting up of Field Telecom Labs.
As a wide projection BSNL is targeting providing training to around 20,000 students annually through the agreement with AICTE and establish the brand as, the leading provider of premium telecom training in the country by offering best quality training.
The certifications shall be attained by each student progressively through the 5th, 6th and 7th semester as below.
- BSNL Silver Certified Engineer: Successful completion of Digital Switching System, Transmission Switching System and Telecom Support Infrastructure certificate programs in fifth semester of the course.
- BSNL Gold Certified Engineer: Successful completion of Broadband Technology and Optical Fibre Technology certificate programs in sixth semester of the course.
- BSNL Platinum Certified Engineer: Successful completion of Mobile Communication and IP Networking and Security certificate programs in seventh semester of the course.
BSNL shall announce and inform through its website about the Schedule of the Training for the information of the prospective students, which shall be accept the students as forwarded by the Head of Institution of AICTE approved institution under the Employability Enhancement Training Program (EETP) of AICTE.
Program Academic Structure:
The complete spectrum of telecom practical skill learning shall be divided into 7 modules. The duration of the skill-part of the program in BSNL set-ups/training centres shall be incorporated into three academic semesters of conventional engineering education (B-Tech), starting with 5th semester.
- 70 practical sessions of 2 hours each (140 hrs)
- 7 field visit sessions of 2 hours each (14 hrs)
In this BSNL-AICTE EETP(Employment Enhancement Training Program) AICTE is writing to Principal/Directors of AICTE approved colleges to nominate allotted number of students to the respective BSNL training centre.
In case the allocated students from each institute fail to join the BSNL training centre, BSNL training centre will take students from the waiting list provided by that college. Even if, vacancy remains they may take students from the waiting list of other selected college.