The Admissions for Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO's)/ Non-resident Indians (NRI's) under Direct Admissions of Students to National Institutes of Technology (NIT's), Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT's) and other premier Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI) in India.
These centrally funded institutions which are participating in DASA 2013-14 have established themselves among the top ranked institutions in the country in both teaching and research and the graduates are assures of a regarding professional career. A degree from any of these institutions is among the most competitive of its kind when pursuing an international career in Architecture, Engineering or Technology.
- Candidates must be Foreign/ Persons of Indian Origin who have completed the qualifying examination in any country (Including India) or Indian Nationals studying abroad. In case of Indian Nationals, they must have completed their class 11 and 12 or equivalent from outside India only.
- Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent from any system of education as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Candidates should have completed successfully with subjects like Mathematics, Physics and any one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Computer Science, Biology) in class 11th or 12th as applicable in the respective boards.
- Also, must have secured a minimum if at least 60% aggregate marks or 6.75 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent in the qualifying examination. Candidates appearing or the qualifying examination with the above mentioned subjects in the academic year 2012-13 and expecting their final results latest by September 15, 2013 can also apply. and
- Candidates should have a minimum total valid score of 1440 in SAT subjects Test (Mathematics Level-2, Physics and Chemistry). The SAT scores has to be sent directly through the CollegeBoard of NITK (Institute Code: 6530).
Please Note: SAT subject test scores received till May 29, 2013 will only be considered for preparation of the first, second and third merit lists.
How To Apply: The Submission of application is a two stage process, both are essential:
(I) Online application are available at (www.dasanit.org) and submission of signed print copy of the application along with required documents and payment details should be submitted to DASA Office, NITK Suratkal.
(II) SAT subject test score to be sent to the NITK Suratkal electronically through CollegeBoard, USA (Institute code-6530)
Fee details: Registration fee and First year tuition fee- A total amount of US$7,250 towards non-refundable registration fee of US$250 and first year Tuition fee US$7,000 is required to be paid along with the application form. Nationals of SAARC countries are eligible for 50% tuition fee wavier provided they have passed the qualifying examination in SAARC Countries. They are required to pay an amount of US$3,750.
Fees can be paid wither through SWIFT Transfer or Demand Draft or e-Payment. Charges for fee payment, if any should be borne by the candidate.
How are seat allotted: Seat allotment will be based on the SAT Subject scores and the choices given by the candidate, in order of their merit and priority taken together.
- Submission of Online Application: April 1 to May 25, 2013
- Last date for receipt of SAT Subject Test Score: May 29, 2013
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of the completed application: May 29, 2013
- Announcement of first list of Selected Candidates: June 1, 2013
- Confirmation by first list candidates: June 1 to 14, 2013
- Announcement of Second list: June 8, 2013
- Confirmation of Second list candidates: June 8 to 14, 2013
- Announcement of third list: June 15, 2013
- Confirmation of third list candidates: June 15 to 18, 2013
- Reporting to allotted Institutes: July 15 to 18, 2013
- Announcement of vacant seat matrix for spot round: July 22, 2013
- Sport Admission against vacant seats: July 26, 2013
- Reporting to allotted Institutes in Spot Admission: July 29 to 31, 2013
For more details contact:
Coordinator DASA 2013-14
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Suratkal
Mangalore-575025, Karnataka, India
Phone: +91 824 2474085 or 2474040
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com