The Google computer runs the official clock for the Competition and will solely determine the time by which an entry is received. During the Competition Period there is a single open call for the submission of Entries.
Organized by Lego, CERN, National geographic and Scientific American.
- Competition is open to individuals born between 31 January 1994 an d 30 April 2000 (inclusive). No entrant can sign up for the competition until they turn 13.
- If an entrant turns 19 during submission period they will not be disqualified.
- All entrants must have his/her parent's or legal guardian's permission to enter this Competition. Sponsor reserves the right to verify an individual's eligibility to participate in the Competition. See Section 16 for Country Specific Requirements.
The Competition is not open to residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Zimbabwe, and any other U.S. sanctioned country and is void where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate family members (which means parents, spouses, children, siblings, in laws, grandparents and grandchildren and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or residents in the same household (whether legally related or not) of the Competition Entities and their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors, any and all other companies associated with this Competition (including other institutions listed on the Competition Site who are involved in judging), are not eligible to enter or otherwise participate in this Competition.
How to Enter the General Competition:
You may participate in only one (1) Entry Submission, either as an Entrant, Team Leader or Team Member. If you participate in multiple Entry submissions, only the first entry you submit will be judged. All subsequent Entries in which you are listed as an Entrant,Team Leader or a Team Member will be disqualified. Entries not submitted in accordance with the instructions provided on the Competition Site and these Official Rules may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of the Competition Entities.
How to apply:
- To enter the competition, create a free Google account. To register for a Google account, go to https://accounts.google.com/NewAccount and follow the instructions provided.
- Once you have a Google account, go to http://google.com/sciencefair and register.
- Complete requested information about yourself and your Project in the Registration section before creating your Project.
- Click here to get the complete details about Science fair.
Entrants can submit Projects in any one of the following categories:
- Computer Science & Math
- Earth & Environ mental Sciences
- Behavioral & Social Sciences
- Flora & Fauna
- Energy & Space
- Inventions & Innovation
- Food Science
- Electricity & Electronics
Last date to apply: April 30, 2013.