But, traveling might not be as easy as in India. It involves dealing with the legal and government hurdles to travel to US. Yes, as an Indian student you need to get a student visa from the US embassy situated nearby. The visa approved to you will be an F-Class student visa which covers your plan to pursue full-time education at the graduate or undergraduate level.
Here are a few details you need to follow when you apply for a student visa. Please go through the below details, which shall be useful for you to apply for an Visa.
The Immigration and National Act is very specific with regard to the requirements which must be met by applicants to qualify for the student visa. The consular officer will determine whether you qualify for the visa. Applicants must demonstrate that they properly meet student visa requirements including the following:
- Acceptance at a school;
- Possess sufficient funds to pursue the proposed course of study;
- Preparation for the course of study; and
- Intend to leave the United States upon completion of the course of study.
You need to ensure that you complete the following details in Form DS-160 before the interview for your student visa.
- After filling Form DS-160, print out the confirmation page with the barcode and pay the visa application fee in an approved bank.
- You should make an online payment for the I-120 form, which is issued by the American institution affirming your enrolment and you should pay the I-901 fee online through the US Immigration and Customs enforcement website.
- Finally, fix an appointment for a student visa interview through the VFS website. This will necessitate you to have your DS-160 barcode and your bank fee receipt.
When interviewing for your student visa, make sure that you are present on time carrying the following documents with you:
- A valid undamaged passport and previously issued passports if any
- Latest passport size photo (50mm x 50mm)
- DS-160 confirmation page with barcode
- Bank receipts (visa application fee $200.00/ Rs. 10726.00)
- VFS appointment letter
- Original education, identity and address proofs
- I-120 Form
A student visa will be rejected for the following reasons:
- When there is discrepancy in information provided
- When documents submitted are discovered to be fake
- When important information is denied to the interviewing officer
- When you don't answer to questions properly
- When not dressed appropriately (dress code: formals and business casuals) and exhibiting lack of personal hygiene
- When failing meet financial standards to fund education and living costs
- When your academic scores are poor
- When you don't know enough about the institution you are accepted for.
- When your GRE/GPA/IELTS/TOEFL scores are bad
Please Note: Always cross check with your nearest American embassy for updates and changes.