Here is the detailed Eligibility Criteria for CSAT-2013.
Any Indian Nationals who have attained the Age of 21 years, and not have attained the upper age limit on 1st August of the year in which he/she attempts the exams are eligible.
The upper age limit varies for various categories. Check below for details.
- General Category : 30 years
- SC/ST Category: 35 years
- Physically Handicapped: 40 years
- The candidates must hold any degree in any discipline from any recognized university.
- Final year degree students who will obtain degree by August 1, 2013 aer also eligible for CSAT 2013.
- The degree can be of any class (Distinction, first, second etc)
- Degree obtained by distance education/ open university is also eligible if the University is a recognized university.
- For some candidates there is a limit on the number of time s you can attempt IAS exams (Civil Service Exams).
- Even attending to one paper of CSAT (IAS Prelim Exams) counts as an attempt.
- Applying for CSAT (IAS Prelim Exams) but not attending for any paper Does Not count as an attempt.
Below are the number of attempts specified for each category.
- General Category: 4 Attempts
- OBC: 7 Attempts
- Physically Handicapped: 7 Attempts
- SC/ST : No limit for number of attempts