In "WBJEE-2013" Examination, candidates need to appear in 3 (three) papers in the form of written test, to be conducted physically at various Examination Centres with Pen and Paper i.e. as OFFLINE Examination.
WBJEE 2013 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
WBJEE 2013 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicant should have passed 10+2 board examination form any recognized board of examination.
- For Engineering / Technology Courses other than Marine Engineering: Candidates must be at least 17 (seventeen) years of age as on 31.12.2013. There is no upper age limit.
- Marine Engineering course: Candidates must be at least 17 (seventeen) years of age or above as on 31.12.2013 and must not be above 25 (twenty five) years of age as on 31.07.2013; as per guidelines of appropriate authority.
The candidate MUST have been residing in West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 (ten) years as on 31.12.2012.
His/her parents MUST be permanent residents of West Bengal having their permanent home address within the State of West Bengal.
Competent Authority to issue Residential/Domicile Certificate:
In order to become eligible for admission to Government Engineering / Technology Colleges Residential/Domicile Certificate has to be submitted by the intending candidate in the Proforma as given in the Appendix VII of this Brochure. The proforma is to be downloaded and printed on an A4 size white paper and will be required to be filled in properly (as applicable).
- SC/ST of West Bengal: The Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates DOMICILED in the State of West Bengal, as specified vide Government of West Bengal Order No. 1813-PCW/MR-94/11 dated 20.06.2011 are eligible for admission through West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations 2013 for admission to undergraduate level courses in Engineering & Technology in all Government and Government aided Institutions and in such other Self Financing Institutions who provide consent to admit such SC/ST students as per State Government notification under such reserved categories up to the requisite percentage of total seats in the said institute.
- SC/ST of Other States: The candidates hailing form other states are nor eligible for such benefits and they will be treated as general category candidates.
- PwD (Persons with disabilities): PWD category candidates will be ELIGIBLE with a minimum of 40% disabilitywith respect to Loco-motor disorder, Visual impairment, Speech & Hearing Impairment subject to the condition that the candidate is capable of carrying out all activities related to theory and practical work as applicable to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch courses without any special concession and exemption.
- Minority (Sikh & Christian): Candidates belonging to Sikh / Christian Religious Minority Category and DOMICILED in West Bengal; MAY choose to get admitted in such religious minority institutes as approved by the Government against specified MINORITY QUOTA notified by the State Government of West Bengal.