The Programmes are offered in:
- School of Continuing Education (SOCE): Child Development (PhD), Nutritional Sciences (PhD).
- School of Education: Education.
- School of Engineering and Technology (SOET): Civil (PhD), Mechanical (PhD).
- School of Foreign Languages (SOFL): Arabic (PhD), French (PhD).
- School of Gender and Development Studies (SOGDS): Gender and Development Studies (PhD), Women's Studies (PhD).
- School of Humanities: English (PhD).
- School of Law (SOL): Law (PhD).
- School of Performing and Visual Arts (SOPVA): Performing & Visual Arts with specialization in Fine Arts, Theatre Arts and Music (PhD), Theater Arts (Mphil).
- School of Sciences (SOS): Physics (PhD), Bio-Chemistry (PhD), Geography (PhD).
- School of Social Sciences (SOSS): History (PhD), Economics (Mphil/PhD), Sociology (Mphil/PhD), Political Science (PhD), Gandhian Thought and Peace Studies (Mphil/PhD), Anthropology (PhD), Psychology (PhD).
- School of Translation Studies and Training (SOTST): Translation Studies (MPhil & PhD).
- Staff Training and Research Institute of Distance Education (STRIDE): Distance Education (PhD).
- School of Vocational Education and Training (SOVET): Vocational Education and Training (PhD).
General Eligibility Criteria and Selection Procedure:
A candidate is eligible for Admission and Registration in the MPhil/PhD Programme provided he/she has qualified :
- For the award of Master's Degree of any recognized University/other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University. The minimum qualifying marks are 55% at Post Graduation level (50% in case of reserved categories).
- In the Entrance Examination conducted by the University at the national level on the pattern of UGC/CSIR.
How to apply:
- The application form can be downloaded from the official website of Indira Gandhi National Open University.
- The filled application form along with DD of Rs 1000/- drawn in favor of ‘IGNOU' payable at New Delhi.
Last date for the receipt of application form: Jan 21, 2013.
Entrance exam on: March 16, 2013.
Research Unit, Block 6,
IGNOU, Maidan Garhi,
New Delhi - 110068.
Phone : (O) 011 - 29534326.