AFCAT Invites both men and women applicants. Below are the application and Eligibility Criteria for Female Indian Citizens as per Citizenship Act 1955 for the respective courses as given below.
1) For FLYING BRANCH : (No.42 Short Service Commission (42 SSC) Course)
- Age limit: 19 to 23 years as on January 01, 2014 i.e. born between 02 January 1991 to 01 January 1995 (Both these dates are inclusive). Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 25 years i.e. born between 02 January1989 to 01 January 1995.
- Educational Qualifications : Graduates (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognized university who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level or BE/B.Tech degree from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
- Physical Standards :
- Height and Weight : Minimum height of 162.5 cms with correlated weight, Leg Length of min 99 cms, max 120 cms, Thigh Length of max 64 cms. Sitting height of min 81.5 cms and max 96 cms.
- Vision: Candidates vision capacity should be as per the following details. Minimum Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia.
Please note: Candidates who have failed the Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) in an earlier attempt OR a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible to apply.
2.) Technical Branch: (56SSC Course)
a) Age Limits: 18 to 29 years as on January 1, 2014 i.e. born between 2 January 1986 to 01 January 1996.
b) Educational Qualifications: Candidates applying for Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics) and Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) branch would be eligible if they have undergone a minimum of four year degree qualification from a recognized university or cleared sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical society of India or radiate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies.
3) Ground Duty Branches (44SSC Course)
- For Graduates: 20 to 23 years, from 02 Jan 1991 to 01 Jan 1994
- For Post-graudates/LLB(5 years integrated course): 20 to 25 years, from 02 Jan 1989 to 01 Jan 1994
- For LLB (Three years course after graduation): 20 to 26 years, from 02 Jan 1988 to 01 Jan 1994
- For M.Ed/ Ph.D/ CA/ ICWA: 20 to 27 years, from 02 Jan 1987 to 01 Jan 1994
- Administration and Logistics : Graduate degree (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate of all papers put together or a postgraudate degree/ equivalent diploma in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together.
- Accounts: Graduates degree in commerce, with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate of all papers put together or post graduate degree in commerce/CA/ICWA with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together.