VIT University, Vellore invites online application for Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE - 2013) for admission to the B.Tech courses offered by the VIT University.
VITEEE 2013 Question Paper Pattern:
All questions will be of objective type consists of three sections.
- Section 1: Physics
- Section 2: Chemistry
- Section 3: Mathematics/Biology
- Candidates attempting Parts-Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are eligible for all the 13 programmes offered.
- Candidates attempting Parts-Physics, Chemistry & Biology are eligible for Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes only.
- The selection of pattern (Physics/ Chemistry / Mathematics or Biology) has to be decided at the time of slot booking.
- All the questions will be mostly from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus only. The syllabus for the Entrance Examination is given in APPENDIX-IV of this Brochure.
- Each part has 40 questions and each question carries one mark.
- Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click the same.
- No negative marks for wrong answers.
- The Question paper will be only in English.
Features of Computer Based Test:
- The candidate sits in front of the computer and the questions are presented on the monitor.
- The candidate submits his or her answer through the use of mouse.
- The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the encrypted test in real time through a secure and reliable connection.
- Entrance test assumes that the candidate has the basic familiarity with the use of computer like use of keyboard, if required and mouse operation.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the entrance test and the University cannot take the responsibility for the same.
Computer Based Test Procedure:
- The candidates must ensure that the computer allotted to them is switched on and any problem of the computer should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
- The questions appearing on the screen will be in English.
- All questions will be of the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Each MCQ consists of a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labeled A, B, C and D. Only one of the four responses is the correct answer.
- Candidate needs to choose that answer. Candidates can navigate freely through the questions back and forth.