There shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses' in each academic year. In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum marks in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test' held for the said academic year besides obtaining minimum prescribed marks at the qualifying examination.
The reservation of seats in medical/dental colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in States/Union Territories. An all India merit list as well as State-wise merit list of the eligible candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said lists only. No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks as prescribed by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS Courses in the said academic year.
All admissions to MBBS/BDS courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test. The Central Board of Secondary Education shall be the organization to conduct National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
- Commencement of Submission of Online Application: Dec 01, 2012.
- Online Application Submission Last Date without Late Fee: Dec 31, 2012.
- Period of submission of Online Application with late fee: Jan 01 To Jan 31, 2013.
- Last Date of Receipt of Confirmation Page in CBSE, Application without late fee: Jan 10, 2013.
- Last Date of Receipt of Confirmation Page in CBSE, Application with late fee: Feb 05, 2013.
- NEET UG 2013 will be held on: May 05, 2013.
Joint Secretary (OSD), NEET,
Ph: 011 - 22059683.
Help Line: 011-22041807, 22041808.