The projects offered for Ph.D would be in the board aeras of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Development Biology, Nanobiology, Plant Molecular Biology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epignetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
- Candidates with a Master's degree in any branch of Science having a valid National Level Fellowship (JRF/SRF of various funding agencies. e.g CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR etc), DST-INSPIRE or other equivalent fellowship can apply.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Pharmacy qualified in GATE/GPAT examination with a minimum of 85% may apply.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Medicine can also apply.
- Candidates qualified for lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination meed not apply.
- Candidates with a degree in M.sc or M.Tech qualification with GATE examination need not apply.
- Upper age limit is 28 years on 7/12/2012 which is relaxable by 5 years as per Gol rules for SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physically Handicapped candidates.
- CCMB Ph.D Programme and
- AcSIR-CCMB Ph.D Programme
How To Apply:
- Candidates who are eligible in all aspects as mentioned in the criteria can submit their applications online by 7/12/2012.
- The Screening committee will process and examines the applications and candidates selected for the Written Test will be intimated through E-Mail by 15-12-2012.
- The eligible candidates who are found suitable for the written test are required to attend the test on 22/1/2013 by 8.00AM at CCMB, Hyderabad. Candidates qualified in the written test will have to appear for interview on 23/1/2013 and 24/1/2013.
- Candidates selected in the interview will be asked to stay for discussions on 25/1/2013. Traveling allowance is not pays by the CCMB and candidates have to make their own arrangements for stay at Hyderabad.
Please note: Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entail a person for selection. The session of the Centre in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and bringing in any influence, political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification.
For more details please find the contact details below:
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
Habsiguda, Uppal Road,
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Telephone: +91-40 27160591 , 27160311