For the first time in India, University of Delhi and Jamia Millia Islamia, the two main universities of India, under the meta university concept are starting a 2-year joint degree program "Master of Mathematics Education" (equivalent to M.Sc. Mathematics Education) from the academic session 2012-13.
Candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 2 full ledged paper in mathematics at the undergraduate level.
- The administrative center for conducting the entire admission process for the course will be the Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi.
- The physical distribution and collection of application forms and allotment of admit cards will be done by the Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi.
- The online application form for entrance test can be downloaded from websites of University of Delhi and Jamia Millia Islamia.
- The admission to the course will be through an entrance test (75% weightage) followed by an interview (25% weightage).
- All applicants must submit demand draft of Rs.500 drawn in favour of "Registrar, University of Delhi", payable at Delhi along with the application form. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST category should submit a draft of Rs. 250 only.
The entrance test will consist of 75 questions each carrying one mark and will be of one hour duration.
The entrance test will contain questions based on mathematical skills, reasoning, mental ability, general awareness, communication skills in English language etc.
The per semester fee for the course will be Rs. 5000/- per student.
Last date for the submission of application form: Nov 14, 2012.
Entrance Test on: Dec 02, 2012.
Result will be announced on: Dec 06, 2012
Cluster Innovation Centre,
Rugby Sevens Building,
University of Delhi,
Delhi - 110007.