UGC will conduct NET in 78 subjects at 77 (Seventy Seven, including three new NET Coordinating Universities) selected NET Coordinating Universities (listed under Item no. 10) spread across the country.
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF):
Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/institutions. The validity period of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, in case the candidates who have already joined M.Phil/Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
- Candidates should have a Master's Degree in relevant discipline with 55% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) of marks from a recognized university.
- The age should not be more than 28 years as on Dec 01, 2012. (A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/OBC)
Scheme of the test:
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions.
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks. All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 question to be attempted||1¼ Hours (09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.)|
|First||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (10.45 A.M. to 12.00 NOON)|
|Second||II||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2 ½ Hours (01.30 P.M. to 4.00 P.M.)|
How To Apply:
- The candidates are required to download the Bank Challan Performa from the UGC website and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of State Bank of India along with the bank charges (commission) of Rs.20/-.
- Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the following : (i) Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format of less than 300 kb, (ii) Copy of Bank Challan (fee receipt).
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online.
- After successful submission, the candidate should take printout of online Application Form (one copy), Attendance Slip (one copy) and Admission Card (one copy) on separate A-4 size papers.
Last date for Applying On-Line: Nov 16, 2012.
Last date for receiving the printout of online Application Form: Nov 22, 2012.
Email Id: email@example.com.
Help Line No.: 011-24113447.