NET is a qualifying examination for determining eligibility for Lecturer / Assistant Professor in the State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) and other Agricultural Universities (AUs). Candidates clearing the National Eligibility Test will be eligible for Lecturers or Assistant Professors in the SAUs/AUs. NET Certificates will be issued to the candidates by the A.S.R.B. to the qualified candidates to enable them to apply against vacancies to be notified or advertised by the State Agricultural Universities. SAUs/AUs will consider their eligibility through interview or any such other tests as devised for recruitment of Lecturers or Assistant Professors.
- There will one paper of 150 marks consisting of 150 objective type multiple choice questions to be solved in 2 (Two) hours. Each question carries one mark. These 150 questions shall be derived from the respective discipline in which the candidate has opted to appear.
- For General: 60% of qualifying marks.
- For SC/ST/Physically Challenged 50% of qualifying marks.
- 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in the NET examination
- A candidate must possess a Master's degree or equivalent in the concerned discipline with specialization completed on or before 1st August, 2012.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years as on 01.08.2012
- The candidates seeking admission to NEET examination must pay a fee as below:
- General: Rs 1,000/-
- Other Backward classes: Rs 500/-
- SC/ST/Physically challenged: Rs 250/-
- The fee must be paid through a Crossed Bank Draft only drawn in favour of Secretary, A.S.R.B. and payable at New Delhi with the application form.
How to apply:
- A candidate seeking admission to the Examination must apply to The Secretary, Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 on the application form available on ICAR Website.
- The application form should be filled up by the candidate in his / her own handwriting only. A candidate must read the provisions contained in this Notification for NET Examination - 2012 carefully and abide by the same. A candidate must fulfill all the conditions of eligibility regarding age limits, educational qualifications etc. prescribed for admission to the examination. The candidates are not required to attach the copies of the documents/certificates in support of their candidature.
Last date for the submission of application form is Nov 20, 2012.
NET 2012 will be held on Jan 20, 2013.
Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board,
Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan, Pusa,
New Delhi - 110012.
Tel: 011 - 25846730.