Unlike before, when seats were limited to private colleges and universities and all government colleges, NEET has now opened gates to those private college and universities who have their own set of entrance exam to secure a seat.
All of the recently passed out MBBS students were preparing for the PG entrance exam. Suddenly, the central government put out the news of NEET PG entrance exam, disappointed the medical students. Ever since the announcement was made, students and their families started becoming desperate to fill in the forms so as to get the centre in their own city and the day registration began with long queues in front of Axis Bank to get the voucher that has to be filled in online.
After a longer wait of 8-9 hours of filling the application from and getting a chosen test centre. Another disappointing thing was that the National Board of Examinations (NBE) website frequently crashed on the process of registration. While the registration and application were creating a temporary chaos in the minds of students.
NEET has created various problems for medical students and putting them in a dilemma about what their future will be.
The Issues arised during registration are:
- NEET being conducted for the first time, the question pattern is not similar to the previously conducted all India PG entrances.
- NEET is completely online, and most of students on the medical field have no idea about, how to give an online exam.
- Through the notice has been given clearly that results will be out by Jan 2013, the entire exam and even the future of it is blank.
- Through NEET will be or may be conducted, the Post examination procedures may vary as to what has been mentioned. NBE will have to answer many questions. Some are talking about a stay order that will be put on NEET.
- The exam may be cancelled in total either before or after putting all their efforts into drain.
- Advantage with NEET is that more seats have opened up as all the universities have been included except AIMMS, PGI and JIPMER.
- The Students who want to get a PG Sets through the management and payment options are disappointed since they have to get minimum qualification marks of 50% to get the seat.
Most of the students have had trouble in getting a test centre. The concept of online examination was mainly created so that students would not have to ravel long distances to give the test. But with most of the test centres being filled quickly, medical students were forced to select distant places as choice of test centres instead of appearing at ones that are closer.