Dr.Satendrakumar Professor of CKSVIM explained how the project of DSTU made progress. Dr. Ajitsingh Rana presented the suggestive model prepared by core committee members after several successive meetings. He presented 4 different components of the Organizational Structure.
Check below for the detailed five structure of the schools :
1. Structure of Head Office :
- Academic Councils.
- Directors and deans of Engineering, Management, Pharmacy and Computer Applications will report to Vice Chancellor on the matters related to academic matters.
- Registrar will report to Vice chancellor for all non academic activities including Legal, Accounts, RTI, Information System, Library, Medicine and so on..
- Finance committee chairman will report to vice Chancellor on all the matters of accounts, purchase, transport, stores etc..
- Controller of Examination will report to Vice Chancellor and he will be assisted by Dy Registrar and more.
2. Regional Office Structure: There will be 5 zones and each Regional Director will report to Vice Chancellor. Regional Director will be supported by Professors for academic work and Dy. Registrar for non-academic work.
3. Structure for PG Research centres: The suggested structure also include schools for PG/Research Centres and will be headed by Director who will in-turn
4. Gujarat Technological University Schools: The University will set up five schools such as(2 engineering, Pharmacy, Business Studies and Computer Applications). Each school will be headed by a director.
5. Gujarat Technical University Wings: Dr. Rana stated that wings are proposed to be set up as legal, sports, grievance, anti-ragging, women development cell, youth and culture, ncc/nss, alumni and global study. These wings are proposed to be headed by Registrar through the respective wing co-ordinators.
More than 20 Directors/Principal of Management and Engineering Colleges affiliated to GTU, official of the University and invited speakers, Guests and core DSTU committee members participated in this meeting. The basic aim of this meeting was to identify organizations components and relevant activities of Technological universities and integrate system of Governance for four disciplines of management, Pharmacy, Engineering and Computer Application right from the level of Diploma to PG and research.
Dr. Aggarwal said that a University is a higher education institution designed to convey knowledge from one generation to the next. A university while conveying the knowledge must critically examines it for tits relevance and truth and it must contribute to generation of new knowledge. He said that India is supposed to be very good in the area of Computers. In the area of computers, India's share would research output in 2010 was only 2% while that of China is 17%.