The Application form for the JEE (Main) 2013 will be available online from November 01, 2012. There will be no sale of paper application forms.
The students have to take the new Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) for admissions in to IITs, NITs, IIITs, Deemed Universities and other central funded technical institutions from April and June 2013. The Joint Entrance Exam will be conducted in two parts, JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. JEE (Main) replaces the AIEEE entrance exam and JEE (Advanced) replaced the IIT-JEE entrance exam from 2013.
The CBSE has also organised 'facilitation centres' to help candidates fill up their forms online. A list of 43 centres across the country has been announced and more will be added over the course of the next few weeks.
Click here to get application forms.
The CBSE officials said, "The candidates can avail services of these centres free of cost".
The JEE Main is replacing the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE).
Only the top 1.5 lakh candidates based on the performance in JEE (Main), will qualify to appear in the JEE (Advanced) examination. Admission to IITs will be based only on category wise All India Rank in JEE (Advanced).
Click here to check the pattern of the JEE Main 2013.
The CBSE specified that the candidates will be allowed to write three consecutive attempts for the JEE (Main), and that test will be an objective type test with negative narking fro incorrect answers.
- The minimum academic qualification for appearing in JEE(MAIN) 2013 is that the candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination (see below). Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in 2013 may also appear in JEE(MAIN) 2013 provisionally.
- The candidates who are aspirants for NITs, IIITs, CFTIs , IITs and ISM Dhanbad must ensure their eligibility for admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
List of Qualifying Examination:
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-year diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.