About the institute : The School of Agriculture aims to extend outreach of agriculture education and create a force of qualified human resource in agriculture and allied disciplined through open and distance learning in consonance with the national and regional policies, programmes and market environment.
Graduates in agriculture/ food technology/ diary technology/ horiculture/ home science/ agriculture engineering and Science graduates with chemistry/ life science/ biotechnology/ microbiology are eligible for the admission.
About PGDFT Programe :
The PGDFT is offered through online mode. The theory counselling will be conducted through online by a team of faculty from the school of Agriculture and the experts from premier national institutions. The practical classes will be conducted at IGNOU Headquarter, New Delhi and some selected programme study centres.
Objectives of the Programme :
- To develop human resource for the fast growing food processing sector.
- To provide knowledge and technical competencies to address the emerging issues of processing, product development, food safety, marketing export and sustainable use of resources.
- To strengthen the knowledge and technical proficiencies of existing technicians, managers, food industry professionals and technologists and to provide vertical career mobility to them.
- To train the professionals for entrepreneurship in the various specialized areas of food processing like fruits, vegetables, diary, poultry, meat, fish, cereals and pulses.
Structure of the programme :
- A Learner has to earn 36credits to complete the programme. The minimum duration of the programme is one year. However, a student can complete the programme in a maximum time of four years. There will be four compulsory theory courses, two compulsory practical courses and one specialized course.
- The learners will be given an option of specialization in four different food groups and must attend one month hands-on raining in Food Industry.
The Core Courses are as follows :
- Food Chemistry and Nutrition,
- Food Microbiology,
- Food Processing and Engineering,
- Food Packaging Safety and Quality Management,
- Practical 1 and
- Practical 2
For Specialized Course (Any one out of the following) :
- Diary Technology,
- Meat, Fish and Poultry Technology,
- Fruits and Vegetables Technology,
- Technology of Cereals, Pulses and oil-Seeds and
- 30 day Industrial Training.
For Other Details on Fee Structure and more please click on PGDFT Admissions Note.
Term-End Examination :
- Term-end examination is the major component of the evaluation system and it carries 70% weightage in the Final result. The University conducts term-end-examination twice a year i.e. in June and December.
- They can take examination only after completion of the course, failing which students can take the same in December or June of subsequent years within the total span of the programme.
Duration of the Programme : 1 year Maximum - 4 years.
Programme Fee : Rs.14,000
No Age Limit
Medium of Instruction : English.
For Further Details contact :
school of Agriculture
Block G1, New Academic Complex,
Zakir Hussain Bhawan,
Indira Gandhi National Open University,
New Delhi - 68, India
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org