The Programmes are offered in:
Commerce, Computer Science, Distance Education, Economics, Education, English, Fine Arts, Foreign Languages: French, Russian, German, Gujarati, Hindi, History, Indology, Information Communication Technology, Inter-Disciplinary Studies, International Relations, Law, Library and Information Science, Management, Mass Communication, Performing Arts, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sanskrit, Sociology, Social Work, Tourism Studies, English Language Teaching and any Other Subject as recommended by RIPC and approved by statutory bodies of the University.
Ph.D Entrance Test:
The eligible candidate shall be admitted as doctoral research candidate through an Entrance Test (Ph.D. Admission Test) conducted by the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University (BAOU). The entrance test will be based on the papers mentioned below. Paper I and II will be common for all candidates and Paper III will be related to the Post Graduate subject of the student.
- Paper 1: Research Methodology (50 marks)
- Paper 2: Reasoning and Comprehension Skills (50 marks)
- Paper 3: Relevant PG Subject (100 marks)
Total merit of students will be considered from 200 Total marks.
- Master's degree or its equivalent (as certified by the AIU) with at least 55% (B+) marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST candidate) of any University/Higher Learning Institution recognized by UGC and/or DEC, in the relevant discipline.
- The candidate must qualify in the Ph.D. Programme Entrance Test of Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University.
- The minimum qualifying criteria shall be as decided by the RAIPC and reviewed from time to time.
How to apply:
The application form can be filled online through the official website of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University.
Last date for the online application form is Aug 30, 2012.
Last date for the submission of application form is Sept 10, 2012.
Entrance Test will be held on Sept 23, 2012.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University,
R.C. Technical Institute Campus, Opp. Gujarat High Court,
Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway, Sola,
Ahmedabad - 380060, Gujarat.
Tel: 079 - 27663747.