Pattern of Examination:
The pattern of written examination for Class X will be as follows:
- Stage I examination at the State/UT level will comprise of two parts, namely (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT) and (b) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- Stage II examination at the National level will comprise of (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT), (b) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
On the basis of the National Talent Search Examination, 1000 scholarships will be awarded. The amount of scholarship will be Rs.500/- per month.
15% scholarships will be reserved for students belonging to the SC category, 7.5% scholarships for students belonging to the ST category and 3% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
There will be two-stage selection process for award of scholarship. For Stage-I, selection will be done by States/UTs through a written examination. Students, who qualify Stage- I, will be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination, conducted by NCERT.
All students of Class X studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the Stage -I examination, conducted by the States/UTs, in which the schools are located. There will be no domicile restriction.
How To Apply:
- Application from can be downloaded from the official website of National Council for Educational Research and Training.
- The completed application form should be signed by the Principal of the school. The candidate as well as the Principal of the school must adhere to the last date for submission of the Application Form.
- Different states may have different last dates for submission. Please confirm from the liaison officer of your state, the address at which the completed forms are to be submitted.
- The State wise contact of the liaison officers are given below and are also available in the NCERT website.
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||AUG 31, 2012|
|Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman and Nicobar Islands||NOV 17, 2012
|Examination in All other States and Union Territories||NOV 18, 2012
|Examination in All States and Union Territories||MAY 12, 2013
Educational Survey Division,
National Council of Educational Research & Training,
Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi - 110016.