New format in GATE 2013:
- 15 subject papers will be conducted by an ONLINE computer based test: AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CY, GG, MA, MN, MT, PH, TF, XE, and XL and 6 papers for Offline based test: CS, EC, EE, IN, ME & PI.
- Female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
- All candidate related information and grievance redressal will be available in a single GATE Online Applicant Interface.
- Soft copies of photograph and signature must be uploaded during online application (This is in addition to sending recent photograph of applicant with signed application).
- A new formula will be used for calculating the GATE score.
- Biometric information (Photograph and fingerprint) may be captured on the day of the examination for randomly selected candidates.
- Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- The application fee is Rs. 1,200/- for General/OBC Male applicants and Rs. 600/- for SC/ST/PD male applicants.
- There is no application fee for female applicants.
How to apply:
- The Candidates are required to apply online by loging to GATE official website.
- The Application forms are available in Zonal offices of IIT's and IIScB.
Commencement of Online Application submission Sept 01, 2012.
Last date for Submission of Online Application (website closure) is on Sept 30, 2012.
Last date for the receipt of printed version of Online Application at the respective zonal GATE Office is on Oct 08, 2012.
Online exam will be held on Jan 20, 2013.
Offline exam will be held on Feb 10, 2013.