In case of admissions in medical colleges, OJEE authorities are not yet clear about the number of medical seats approved by Medical Council of India (MCI) this year. Besides, they have to wait for counselling of All India Premedical Entrance Examination (AIPMT) as 15% seats in state medical colleges are filled from the AIPMT pool.
All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) is yet to provide information on the number of discipline-wise approved seats in engineering colleges. The OJEE Secretary Priyabrata Sahoo said "The Directorate of Medical Education and Training (DMET) will give us the seat matrix after it gets those from MCI. MCI have to wait for it before allotting seats".
"Without BPUT last semester results, B.Tech students won't be able to take admission in MBA and MCA. We have to wait for them", he added.
Candidates please note :
- Counselling for lateral entry of diploma students into degree courses won't progress without BPUT sixth semester diploma engineering results. Admission process for diploma engineering will have to wait for results of matriculation, which is tentative scheduled to be published towards the end of this month and ITI.
- The Online registration and choice filling for the Web Counselling in Medical (MBBA/BDS) stream and Lateral Entry (Engineering) stream will start from 15th June, 2012.
- Counselling for PGDM, PGCM and PGDM (Executive) will be conducted by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination-2012. The Universities or Institutes of the state offering the above courses and interested to take students through OJEE-2012 counselling are requested to give details about the seat strength branch wise (Specializations) with AICTE approval letter to the OJEE office by 12th June, 2012.
Though the datelines for various steps of counselling and admission are yet to be finalized, the OJEE has finalized the four-step process of E-Counselling for admission into various courses as given below :
1. Qualifiers have to register themselves online, and fill in their choices online as well. One can give any number of choices, but must get one's priority right as there would be no mock counselling.
2. Registered students have to walk in to a designated nodal centre with documents and a draft of Rs. 450/-. Once the documents are verified, they can deposit the part-admission fee through another draft, lock in the choice and take a print out. OJEE will notify the 20 nodal centres where aspirant have to go.
3. OJEE will publish the provisional seat allotment list. Students not happy with the allotted seat or taking admission n a college outside OJEE pool may go to the nodal centre to withdraw the fee and quit counselling.
4. OJEE will make actual allotment of the seats. Students have to go to the allotted college for admission. For vacancies after that, there would be spot admission.
For more updates on Counselling via Odisha Joint Entrance Exam please visit the Official Website.