The Research Programmes are offered in:
- Ph.D / M.Sc. (Engg) by Research in the Faculty of Engineering
- Ph.D in the Faculty of Science
- Ph.D in the Faculty of Architecture
- Ph.D in the Faculty of Computer Application
- Ph.D in the Faculty of Business Administration
- The minimum qualification to be satisfied by the candidates seeking admission to PhD Programmes shall be as per Section PHD 5.2 of Regulations (Amended) Governing the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)-2011
- The candidates shall qualify in the ULRAT (University Level Research Aptitude Test) Conducted by the University. However, mere clearance of ULRAT is not a guarantee for registration.
- The candidates who have acquired M.Tech./M.Sc. degree through Distance mode shall not be eligible for admission.
Note: Those who are studying in final Semester of M.Tech, M.Arch, MCA, MBA and M.Sc ( Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Geology) may also apply.
How to apply:
- Candidates may apply for registration through a recognized Research Centre in any VTU affiliated college/R&D laboratory or VTU Research Resource Centre
- Application form can be downloaded from the official website of Visvesvaraya Technological University.
- The filled application form along with DD of Rs. 500/- in favor of 'Finance Officer. VTU, Belgaum', should be sent to below address by mentioning “Application for Ph.D/M.Sc(Engg) by Research”.
Last date for the submission of application form is May 25, 2012.
ULRAT (University Level Research Aptitude Test) will be held on June 17, 2012.
Visvesvaraya Technological University,
“Jnana Sangama”, Bekgaum – 590018,
Tel,: 0831 – 2498127.