Online Applications for GATE has started from Monday, 12th of September 2011 . Candidates can login here for online registration .
The GATE committee, which comprises of representatives from the administering Institutes , is the sole authority for regulating the examinations and declaring the results . The overall co-ordination and responsibility of conducting GATE lies within Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, which is designated as the Organizing Institute for GATE 2012 .
- GATE 2012 applications are different this time, where candidates need to access the zonal GATE Website of IISc and Seven IIT's and register Online only .
- The process of applications is said to be complete only when a print out of the filled ONLINE application with the candidate's signature and a good photo affixed in the appropriate place is received by the respective GATE office along with necessary documents, required if any .
- Their are no more application forms available at Sale through Banks and GATE Office counters, it has been Discontinued .
Please click on the following link to know about eligibility and more . /entrance-exams/engineering/gate/2011/gate-2012-dates-are-announced.html
In the Online papers (AE, AG, AR, GG, MN and TF), the question paper will consist of questions of multiple choice type and questions of numerical answer type . For Multiple choice type questions, each question will have four choices for the answer. For Numerical answer type questions, each question will have a number as the answer, and the number of numerical answer type questions may vary between 5 and 10 in each question paper .
The GATE is conducted through the constitution of eight zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are :
- Zone-1 : Indian Institute of Science – Bengaluru
- Zone-2 : Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay
- Zone-3 : Indian Institute of Technology – Delhi
- Zone-4 : Indian Institute of Technology – Guwahati
- Zone-5 : Indian Institute of Technology – Kanpur
- Zone-6 : Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur
- Zone-7 : Indian Institute of Technology – Madras
- Zone-8 : Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee
Important Dates :
Registration can be done on or before October 24th, 2011.
Online examination will be conducted in two sessions on Sunday, January 29th, 2012 .
(a) Forenoon session (09:00 hrs to 12:00 hrs) AR, GG and TF .
(b) Afternoon session (14:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs) AE, AG and MN
Offline Examination will be conducted on 12th February, 2012 .
The last date to apply for GATE 2012 examination is 17th October, 2011 .
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110 016, INDIA
Tele: (91) 011-2658 2222, 2658 1696