The much-awaited results of Karnataka second PUC were announced on Tuesday,10 May 2011
at 4 pm. About 48.98 percent students have passed the examination successfully.
Once again girls, beating boys, grabbed the first place. 56.62 percent girls have passed while only 42.19 percent boys succeeded to pass the huddle of second PUC examination which was conducted in Mar 2011. The students from Udupi topped the score card in the entire state and Yadagiri remains at
the last of the list on total scoring card.
- This year, 48.93 per cent (3,03,948) of the 6,21,238 students cleared the examcompared to 49.27 per cent last year. Of them, 12,598 secured a distinction, 1,36,464first class, 78,674 second class and 76,212 third class.
- Though Mathematics is considered a tough subject, 372 students scored 100 out of 100 in that subject, 177 students secured cent per cent marks in Chemistry and 171 in Physics.
- Udupi district topped the list with the maximum pass percentage of 87.14 per cent.Bangalore Rural was at sixth spot (67.45 per cent), Bangalore North eighth (66.04 percent) and Bangalore South ninth (65.81 per cent).
- Students who wish to apply for photocopies can do so at BangaloreOne centres by May18. Students will have to pay Rs 420 per answerscript. The last date for revaluation is May 25 and the fee for each answerscript is Rs 1,050. The last date for retotalling isMay 25 and the fee is Rs 280 per subject.
- Supplementary exams will be held between June 27 and July 6.