Medical Education In India is the most opted professional education, which is also the most expensive and longest in duration. Perhaps, a distinctive feature of medical education is that a very large part of it occurs in practice situations.
A doctor's profession involves a lot of hard work with a good degree of education and at the same time, it also brings with it the satisfaction of having cured people suffering from illness, disease and trauma.
Here are the top 10 medical colleges in India that offer the best education in the noble profession of medicine.
Find below, the Top 10 Best Medical Colleges of India :
|Name of the institution|| Place |
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences||New Delhi|
|Christian Medical College CMC-Vellore||Vellore, Tamil Nadu|
|Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||Pune, Maharashtra|
|Kasturba Medical College (KMC)||Mangalore, Karnataka|
|Kasturba Medical College (KMC)||Manipal, Karnataka|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)||Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu|
|Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)||New Delhi, India|
|Madras Medical College (MMC)||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College||New Delhi|
|Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
2. Christian Medical College (CMC- Vellore)
Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore (CMC Vellore) is one of the largest medical centres in India. And also CMC Vellore ranked 2nd top medical college in India next to AIIMS, Delhi.
Located In : Vellore , Tamil Nadu
3. Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
- Armed Forces Medical College is a premier medical institute of India acknowledged as a centre of excellence for education and research.
- The institute was set up on 01 May 1948 by an act of parliament of India.
Located : Pune, Maharashtra
4. Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Mangalore
Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, opened its doors in January 1955.
Located In: Mangalore, Karnataka
5. Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal was established on June 30, 1953, by late Dr. T. M. A. Pai.
- In 1969, when the clinical programme started in Manipal, KMC became a full-fledged independent college.
Located In: Manipal, Karnataka
6. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India.
Located In : Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu
7. Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)
This institution is named after the great patriot and educationist, Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad and has been in existence since 1959.
Located : New Delhi, India
8. Madras Medical College (MMC)
Madras Medical College, In 1857, gained affiliation to the University of Madras.
Located In : Chennai, Tamil Nadu
9. Lady Hardinge Medical College
The Lady Hardinge Medical College for women was founded in 1914 to commemorate the visit of Her Majesty Queen Mary in 1911-12.
Located In: New Delhi, India
10. Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University
Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University, also known as King George's Medical University, is a medical university located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
Located In : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh