What is IBPS RRB Exam?
RRB Common Written Exam (CWE) is one of the many bank exams conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). It is conducted for recruitment to Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) or Gramin Banks.
IBPS organises RRB CWE exam every year for recruitment of Officers & Officer Assistants (Multi- Purpose) in various Regional Rural Banks. The exam is conducted online.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is fully responsible for conducting RRB Common Written Exam (CWE).
In the recent years, the level of competition for bank exams has spurt exponentially. Graduates from any field of study can attempt this exam. We provide you details necessary for all preparation tips, syllabi, reference books, study material, exam pattern, etc.
The job profile, roles and responsibilities and salary package of RRB officers are as follows:
Group A Officer Post:
The Group A division has 3 cadres officers, which are Officer Scale I, Scale II and Scale III.
Officer Scale I:
- The post held by Officer Scale I is a Manager Trainee post in RRBs or Gramin Bank.
- After completion of two years’ probation period successfully, the PO will get the rank of Assistant manager.
- The salary of newly appointed Officer scale I is around Rs.29,000.
Officer Scale II:
- The post held by Officer Scale II is a manager level post.
- This post requires experience and professional aptitudes.
- Specialist recruited candidate to RRB can take this post.
- The post holder of officer scale – II post has to go through two years of successful probation period and will get starting salary of around Rs.39300 approx.
Officer Scale III:
- The post held by Officer Scale III is a senior manager level post.
- This post requires minimum 5 years of experience in banking sector or relevant industry experience.
- The starting salary of Officer Scale – III post is above Rs.50,000.
Group 'B' Office Assistant (Multi-purpose) Post:
- This post similar to clerical cadre in other nationalised banks.
- The post holder may have distinctive roles on appointment which involves account opening, cash collection, cheque verification etc.
- The training period for RRB Office Assistant is of 1 year and starting salary is of Rs.16250 approx.