Top quotes on education
As the teachers' day nears, a student in all of us comes to life and thinks about hundreds of thousands of ways to celebrate the day remembering the invaluable contributions of his favourite teacher in chiseling a fine personality out of our raw minds.
In fact, Teachers' Day is not just a celebration of teachers but a celebration of education in its true sense. This auspicious day is not meant to be celebrated just for a day or a few hours at the educational institutions. It should be celebrated every day in order to implement whatever we have learned during our academic career and pass on the legacy to the generations to come.
In order to probe deep into the heart of education and bring out its true meaning, here is a random list of famous quotes on education by renowned thinkers across the world.
1. Education is not learning of the facts, but the training of the mind to think - Albert Einstein
2. Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all - Aristotle
3. If a man neglects education, he walks lame to the end of his life - Plato
4. Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel - Socrates
5. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela
6. Education that does not mold character is absolutely useless - Mahatma Gandhi
7. Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man - Swami Vivekananda
8. Learning gives creativity, creativity leads to thinking, thinking provides knowledge, knowledge makes you great - Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam