Do you want to live a life less ordinary? A life of duty, valor and pride. A sense of salvation you feel when you know that you have done something in your life above fulfilling your self-centric motives of having a happy and easy life.
Indian army invites the young men to serve the nation in the second line of defense after regular army known as territorial army. The people who are already in full time employment in the civil world can join territorial army. The territorial army act was passed in 1948.
The young men who have chosen some other profession for their livelihood but want to serve the nation in some way have an excellent opportunity to join army as a territorial army officer. It will help them serving the nation in their respective profession as well as a soldier.
If a person is selected for territorial army, his organization will have to relieve him for the period army will call him. The organization cannot terminate his service in this regard.
- Male citizens of India
- Age: 18 - 42 years
- Education: Graduate from a recognized institution
- Employment: Gainfully employed in central government/ semi government/ private firm/ self-employed
How to apply?
Exam will have two papers of 100 marks each. The duration given to solve each paper is 2 hours. There are four sections in total. There will be 50 questions in each section.
- Mathematics: Matriculation level maths will be asked including topics like arithmetics, algebra, number system.
- Reasoning: The candidate is expected to bring right logical conclusion from a set of statements, numbers, alphabets.
- General Knowledge: Questions will be based on current events. The history and geography of India will also be included.
- English: The test will be conducted to check the candidate's knowledge of English.
- The training will be given to the selected candidates for one month
- Two months annual training camp will be held every year
- A three months post commissioning training will given at IMA, Dehradun
The commissioned rank of Lieutenant will be granted to the candidates. During the period of training and military service, the officers of territorial army will be given pay and perks of a regular army officer. The infantry branch of territorial army may call its officers for longer durations, if needed.