The Union Public Service Commission issued a notification for the IES/ ISS Examination, 2017.
Interested candidates can apply latest by March 3, 2017.
Essential details about eligibility criteria for IES/ ISS Examination- 2017:
All the aspiring candidates will be provided with the essential details about the IES/ ISS Exams below. Candidates need to have a glance on the eligibility criteria decided by UPSC who wish to apply for IES & ISS exam 2017.
- A candidate must be either a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories above shall be the person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on August 1, 2017 i.e he/ she must have been born not earlier than August 2, 1987 and not later than August 1, 1996.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/ Applied Economics/ Business Economics/ Econometrics.
- A candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor's Degree with Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics as one of the subjects or a Master's degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics from a University.
Last date for submission of application:
The online applications can be filled up to March 3, 2017 till 18.00 Hours.
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standard for admission to Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2017.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) by cash, or by using net banking facility or by using Visa/ Master Credit/Debit Card.
How to apply:
Candidates are required to apply online using the official website: http://www.upsc.gov.in/