Hyderabad: Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education (TSBIE) announced the exam dates of Intermediate Public Examinations-2016. The exam is scheduled to be held from March 2 to March 21 next year.
Time Table Details:
- About 10 lakh students are appearing for the exams.
- According to the time table, the practical exams are scheduled to be held from February 3 to 24 across the state.
- While the theory papers will be held from 9 am to 12 pm, whereas the practical exams will be held from 10 am to 1 pm.
- The ethics and human values examination will be conducted on January 28. Exam for environment education is scheduled to be held on January 30.
- According to TSBIE officials said that dates for Intermediate vocational courses are also the same. However, the time table will be issued separately by the board.
First Year Time Table:
- As per the time table, firstyear students will appear for second language paper on March 2 and the second-year students on March 3.
- Similarly, the English paper will conducted for first and second year students on March 4 and March 5 respectively.
- Examination for part-III subjects such as mathematics, botany , civics, psychology , history , chemistry , sociology , geology , commerce among many others will be held from March 8 .
According to reports, the board has delayed the release of time table by almost a month. Colleges fear that they might not be able to complete the syllabus on time. "The time table caters mostly to IIT aspirants in the corporate colleges. In rural areas, most of the colleges won't be able to finish syllabus on time due to delay in academic year and more government holidays this year," said a representative of a junior college.
The delay in announcement of time table may add to the burden of the board as it has to prepare a dozen sets of question papers, identify examination centres, dispatch question papers to centres and arrange evaluators and invigilators in short time.