VIT University, issued online application for Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE - 2015) for admission to the B.Tech courses.
Click here to apply for VITEEE 2015
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non-Resident Indian National.
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB).
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) for candidates belonging to SC/ST and Students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh.
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST.
- Fill in the proforma as given in information bulletin and have it attested by a competent authority.
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the 13 B.Tech. Degree Programmes.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible only for B.Tech. Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE 2015 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2015, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi); The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognised Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1993 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2015. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / 10th Certificate will be considered authentic.
- Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing which they will be disqualified.