The tentative exam dates for JEE Advanced 2016 has been released. The JEE Advanced 2016 is conducted for admissions to undergraduate engineering courses in ISM and IIT Dhanbad. The JEE Advanced 2016 is expected to be held on May 22, 2016. The Joint Admission Board (JAB) conductes the JEE Advanced exam.
Eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2016:
The candidate should be among the top 1,50,000 students (all the categories included) in JEE (Main).
Percentage required for various categories are as follows:
- General Category: 5%
- OBC-NCL: 27%
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
Note: Within the above 4 categories, 3% score horizontal reservation is available for PWD candidates.
- The age of the general candidates and other backward classes (OBC) candidates should not be more than 25 years. It means they should have been born on or after October 1, 1991.
- Relaxation in age will be provided as per government norms.
Number of attempts:
- Candidates can attempt JEE (Advanced) only two times and that too only if he /she attempts it in consecutive years.
- JEE (Advanced) 2016 should be either the candidate's first attempt or the second consecutive attempt.
How to apply:
Application forms are available online on the official website of JEE Apex Board.
- Online registration begins: First week November 2015
- Last date for application: Last week of December 2015