XAT - The Xavier Aptitude Test is a national level aptitude test conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur.
Xavier Aptitude Test or XAT is an objective type multiple choice exam. The test duration is of 3 hours. The XAT exam pattern is dynamic as the conducting body does not follow a particular pattern every year. Changes are always introduced in the question paper almost every year.
The scores of the XAT will be used for admissions by XLRI Jamshedpur and other Xavier Associate Management Institutes and over 100 B-schools across the country.
Here are some tips that help you to crack the XAT exam
- Time-management: As the entrance exam is always challenging and competitive it is important for you to concentrate on time and paper as well. Plan your time according to the subject so that you will have sufficient time to
- Update current affairs: Regular reading of newspapers, editorials, magazines, and other books will surely help you to increase your vocabulary and general knowledge. Browsing internet, watching news channels and engaging in group discussion will build your general awareness
- Coaching classes: Coaching classes offering crash courses could be one more right option to prepare for exams. Guidelines by the coaching centres and mock test proves informative for students
- Revise Mathematics: Practice makes man perfect. Mathematics is a subject that needs repeated revisions. Solve as many problems as possible and try to be perfect in formulas, derivations. In the next level concentrate on your speed of solving the given problems
- Get acquainted with the subject: Quick thinking and extensive practice are the key to success for decision making. The topic is comparatively new, hence you need to get acquainted with the subject well. The only way to achieve this is by solving more and more sample papers from previous years
- Solve old question papers: Try solving old questions papers of other competitive exams. The sections on verbal and logical ability, quantitative ability, and data interpretation will enhance your logical ability