JEE Main Examination Pattern
Candidates who are applying for the JEE Main 2015 examination, have to know the pattern of the examination.
JEE Main Mode of Examination:
- The Paper-1 (B.E./B. Tech.) (described below) of JEE Main will be conducted in two separate modes i.e. Offline (Pen and Paper-Based Examination) mode and Online (Computer-Based Examination) mode.
- The Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) of JEE Main will be conducted only in Pen and Paper based examination mode. A candidate will opt for either Pen and Paper Based or Computer-Based examination modes for Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) only.
JEE Main Type of the examination:
JEE Main 2015 shall have two papers,
- Paper-1 (B.E / B.Tech) and Paper-2 (B.Arch / B.Planning).
- Candidates may take Paper-1 (B.E /B.Tech), or Paper-2 (B.Arch / B.Planning), or both as per the courses, they are seeking admission.
JEE Main Paper Pattern:
The entire paper is of three-hour duration. There would be two papers.
- Paper I would have the following subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Paper II would comprises of PCM, Drawing and Aptitude Test
There would be total 96 questions, and the maximum marks would be 360. Each correct answer would provide 4 marks and each negative answer would provide 1 mark.