GATE Examination Pattern
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2016 is conducted for admission to IITs for their M.E / M.Tech courses, across the country. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), jointly administer the conduct of Graduate Aptitude of Test iExam Pattern of GATE 2016n Engineering (GATE). GATE 2016 exam will be held from January 30 to February 7, 2016.
GATE 2016 Duration:
- The exam will consist of a single paper of 3 hour duration that contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks.
- The question paper will consist of both multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type questions.
- The examination for all the papers will be carried out in an online computer based test (CBT) mode, where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen.
GATE 2016 Pattern:
- In all papers, there will be a total of 65 questions, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks will be in General Aptitude.
- In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE, engineering mathematics will carry around 15% weightage out of the total marks, the general aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks will be devoted to the subject of the paper.
- In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL, the general aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks will be devoted to the subject of the paper.