Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad is all set to conduct the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2015 and candidates candidates have to prepare according to the new pattern.
Here is the top 10 important steps to crack CAT 2015 examination:
1. Plan your preparation: Candidates have to prepare a study plan which distributes the syllabus in a day wise or weekly schedule. Make a plan to accommodate the entire syllabus of the CAT. You should be very careful when making your study plan, so that nothing is left-out and ample time is allocated to all topics.
2. Time Management: Students should allocate necessary time for preparing for entrance exam. Time management plays a crucial role. Allocate the available time into each section. Candidates who are appearing for the first time, have to allocate more time in preparing for the CAT.
3. Practice mock test papers: Candidates have to practice the mock test papers, so that they can familiarise themselves with the pattern of the examination. It helps them make use of time efficiently and to understand the mode of the test. Practice hard, as much as possible, till you are perfect at each topic. A minimum vocabulary of strength 10,000 is required for the exam. Read newspapers and editorials daily.
4. Prepare according to the pattern: Candidates have to know the pattern and syllabus of the examination and have to prepare according to it. Rather preparing on all topics, one can prepare according to the pattern that will help them score good marks. Students have to select the topics in which they are most comfortable, but have to give importance to all the sections of the pattern.
5. Analyse weak and strong parts: Students have look for parts of the syllabus which they are weak in and work harder in those sections. Identify the specific areas of the pattern and try to read as much as possible about those diversified areas. This will help you in reading comprehension. You must also focus on parts of the syllabus which you are confident about and build same confidence on the weaker section questions.
6. Personality development: Candidates can find vocabulary part in the pattern, so they have to improve their english and grammar part. They are advised to improve speaking english by enhancing their vocabulary, study of newspapers and editorials for 2 hours everyday and reading at least two magazines and one novel each week.
7. Solve old question papers and refer study material: Candidates should try to solve old question papers to get ideas about the questions asked in the examination and refer some books that can guide them in preparing for exam. The CAT preparation books should clear the fundamentals, along with providing all the tips, tricks and appropriate strategies.
8. Practice a lot: Along with the preparation, students have to practice a lot as well. This will increase their problem-solving speed and will also improve their confidence. Practice will make them perfect in the long run. 9. Be confident and healthy: Students must be confident in answering questions. It is one of the toughest entrance examination to crack, but it is not impossible with dedicated preparation filled with faith and confidence. They should take care of their health while preparing for the examination and they should take care not to overtax themselves. 10. Revision: When there are just a few days left for the exam, students should just focus on revising whatever they have learnt, rather than getting into new topics. Revise all the covered topics and syllabus