What is Physical Sciences?
Physical Science deals with the study of nature and properties of non-living matter and energy. It is a broad discipline concerned with natural resources. It compromises variety of fields such as Physics, Chemistry, astronomy, earth sciences, geology and the ocean.
However, the term "physical" creates an unintended, somewhat arbitrary distinction, since many branches of physical science also study biological phenomena.
Scientific research involves designing and conducting experiments to collect observable physical evidence of natural phenomena.
What is the scope?
This consists of the basics of all other branches of science. This course is built around a core curriculum in physics, chemistry and mathematics for a listing of the specific courses required within the various concentrations of the physical sciences.
It includes everything that you can see and many things that you cannot see, including the air around you. Energy is what gives matter the ability to move and change.
What are the career options?
A graduate in physical science can have career opportunities in the field of science and technology. These course will lead the candidate to get job offers in public, private sectors, management, research, media and many more.
A physical Science Graduate can even join IIT through GATE exam. Physical Science is also an optional in civil Service main exam.
A PG degree in physical science will lead you do research work in various R&D establishments and government departments.
What are the job roles?
- Physical Scientist
To find more information on jobs related to Physical Sciences, you may click here.
Who can study this course?
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 in science discipline can pursue physical science in bachelor's degree level.
- Few of the Indian colleges offers B.Tech in Physical Course.
- Candidates who have passed bachelor's degree in physical science are eligible to pursue physical science in master and doctoral level.
Top Colleges / Universities in India offering Physical Sciences:
- University of Delhi
- Mumbai University
- University of Madras
- Osmania University
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
Top Colleges / Universities in abroad offering Physical Sciences:
- University of Chicago
- United States Military Academy
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Birmingham, UK
- The University of Western Australia, Australia