Environmental design is the process of addressing surrounding environmental parameters on individuals and the natural world, and creates a wide range of interventions informed by human and environmental systems.
Environmental design comprises of architects, planners, landscape architects, interior designers, preservationists, building technology specialists, and researchers from a wide range of disciplines.
Their shared body of knowledge and professional skills affect communities, landscapes, buildings, products, and the individuals who occupy and use them.
There are enormous opportunities for Environmental designers in foreign countries.
The program integrates courses in design theory, colour, interior and architectural materials, technology and construction, drawing and graphic presentation techniques, and professional practice.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), urban and regional planners can expect to see an increase of 10% in job opportunities during the 2012-2022 decade, while architects and landscape architects are predicted to see increases of 17% and 14%, respectively. Architects earned a median salary of $73,090 in May 2012, whereas the median pay of landscape architects was $64,180 and $65,230 for urban planners.
Candidates with excellent marks in Class 12th and top score in any of the Architecture Entrance Tests can apply for bachelor's degree in design.
- After completion of degree, candidates can become an Architect or a Designer. There are job opportunities in Environment Department in private and public sectors.
- Also, after degree also they apply for Master Degree in Environment Design in foreign universities.
Colleges offering Environmental Design courses in India:
- Faculty of Environmental Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Department of Forestry, Wildlife and Environment Science, Guru Ghasidas University, Bilaspur
- Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad
- School of Environmental Studies, Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- UC Berkeley College of Environmental Design
- College of Architecture and Environmental Design
- OCAD University
- College of Environment + Design, UGA