What is Digital Architecture?
Digital Architecture is a field of engineering that utilises digital media in the process of its architectural design. Digital Architecture will help in designing the concept, design development, and detail designing of the architecture's form.
What do Students Learn?
During the course the students will be studying the various digital software tools design processes (parametric and generative), architectural visualization, advanced construction, and building automation.
The programme is meant for practicing architects and designers to reorganise the design process and employ technology to embrace the emergent practice of non-standard architecture.
Who Can Apply for Digital Architecture?
Candidate who have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50%marks in aggregate with mathematics as one of the subjects are eligible to join the course.
Career and Scope for Digital Architecture
After the completion of course student will have a comprehensive knowledge on the cutting edge technology.
The course will open up various avenues in fields like:
- Emergent architecture
- Management Information systems,
- Film industry, Animation and simulation.
There has a huge demand for architects in India and Overseas.
- Architects have ample opportunities to work with architect firms
- Architects working independently have better scope in terms of earning
- They can also work in other organizations like State Departments, Housing Boards, Local Bodies for construction works, Builders, Architecture Firms, Consultants, etc. also hire architects.
Companies that hire who have completed course in Digital Architecture are as follows:
- Morphogenesis, Delhi
- Zaha Hadid Architects
- Live Architects , Mumbai
Colleges that Offer Digital Architecture Course in India:
- Sinhgad College of Architecture
- Bhanuben Nanavati College of Architecture for Women
- University of Pune
- Anna University